Not for reasons others may understand; for reasons of my own.
I have been blessed today, with wonderful insight from my Father in Heaven. Through many wondrous avenues.
Life got the best of me at the start of the day.
I slept through my alarm. Missed church, (and the opportunity to sing with my ward choir.)
I let these mistakes get to me.
I wept.
I lacked faith.
I doubted myself.
And then in that moment, when all of these mortal sorrows threatened to ruin my day, and drag me down into the depths of despair...
I knelt.
I prayed.
I asked for help from my Father.
Do you know what happened next?
He answered.
He answered in more than one way.
I opened my eyes.
I called on my Bishop.
I wept.
I hurt.
I let it escape.
The pain pushed its way out through the tears that streamed down my cheeks.
He answered.
"You have to take it piece by piece. Little by little. These great tasks before you will take time, but you will accomplish them. You will get through it."
"You knew the challenges you would face, and do you know what you said when asked if you were willing to endure them? You said 'Yes.' You agreed because you knew it would be worth it."
"Sometimes you can be tired of the climb. But little by little, as you push yourself, you move closer to those peaks. You can't go it alone. And you don't have to. He is with you, always."
Romans 8:16-17 "The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may also be glorified together."
I came home.
I thanked my Father for those words spoken by a man who dedicates his life to Him.
I sat outside and drew in deep breaths.
I breathed in the cool air, bringing with it the dews of heaven.
The rain became a song, and I listened closely.
My mother sings to me;
her song resting on each droplet from above.
Note by note, they fall to the earth.
Measure by measure, her tears fall with mine.
I reach out my hand,
and catch part of her song.
I watch as it fades into the designs of my fingertips.
My mother sings straight to my soul.
Her song swells to a billowing crescendo.
A chorus of angels gives depth to her song.
I step out, under her gentle refrain from above.
And she sings with purity.
And she loves without restraint.
Her song breathes life in me.
Her lullaby brings joy to my heart.
My mother sings to me,
and I listen closely.
For she sings with my Father.
And the song is eternal.
And the song is truth.
Yes, it was a beautiful day.
-H.M.-
No comments:
Post a Comment