Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

When You Seek to Change, Seek the Lord

"The Lord works from inside out. The world works from the outside in. The world would take people out of the slums. Christ takes the slums out of the people, and they then take themselves out of the slums. The world would mold men by changing their environment. Christ changes men, who then change their environment. The world would shape human behavior, but Christ can change human nature."
-President Ezra Taft Benson- (conference report, Oct. 1985)

I came across this quote in the book I mentioned in the previous post, "If Life Were Easy, It Wouldn't Be Hard". I love the encouragement it gives me. We can't expect to change our lives dramatically without help from our Creator. We are fortunate to have the blessings of a loving Heavenly Father who will be there to help us better ourselves, and get to the point where we are living charitably. Charity is the pure love of Christ.

I love this quote from Sheri Dew about charity;

"Charity is the antidote for every baggage-breeding behavior. It is what lifts us up above telestial living."

Do you feel like living charitably today? If not, seek change! Prayer is the best remedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment